Anyone arriving in England from an Amber List Country is currently required to take a Day 2 and Day 8 Test. On Day 5, you can choose to take an additional COVID-19 Test. If the result is negative, you can stop self-isolating. You cannot use the Test to Release scheme if you have been in or through any country that is on the travel ban red list in the 10 days before you arrive in England.
DAY 5 TEST TO RELEASE, SAME DAY RESULTS : SELF-SWAB IN-CLINIC
Day 5 Test to Release, Same Day Results: Self Swab in Clinic
- Day 5 Tests can be used by some returning travellers to shorten quarantine
- Self-Swab in Clinic - Book before 1pm for Same Day
- Same Day Results (If booked before 1pm)
- Book in Advance; Return Date Required*
We are pleased to be able to offer Day 5 Test to Release with Same Day Results Turn-Around (for appointments before 1pm) at a special price of £195.
Yes, you must still take and return your Day 2 & 8 tests, regardless of your Day 5 Result).
The testing kit comes complete with full instructions and all the instruments necessary for performing the swab yourself, and trained medical staff are on hand to answer any questions you may have. Please do not arrive early for your appointment as we need to manage patient flow through the clinic.
If you were planning to collect and take your swab on site on Day 5 of your quarantine but you develop symptoms beforehand, please do not come to the clinic. Please contact us to arrange urgent delivery of a test kit.
- Nothing can go in the mouth for at least 2 hours prior to testing, this includes: food, drinks, cigarettes, chewing gum, etc.
- Mouthwash not to be used for 24 hours.
- Nothing can go in the nose for at least 24 hours prior to testing, this includes: nasal medication, saline, hay fever sprays, cotton buds, etc.
All of the above can inhibit the sample and mean they it needs to be retested or may not enable a conclusive result to be delivered.