Anyone arriving in England from overseas is currently required to take a Day 2 and Day 8 Test. Full details of quarantine/self-isolation requirements for various countries can be found on the Gov.uk website.
NEW: Order DAY 2 AND 8 RETURN FROM TRAVEL TESTS FROM RANDOX HEALTH: Home Test Kit
Day 2 and 8 Return from Travel Tests from Randox Health
- Day 2 and 8 Tests are currently required for returning travellers
- Tests look for evidence COVID-19 infection during hotel quarantine/self-isolation period
- Return Date Required*
- Self-swabs taken at home at your convenience
* IMPORTANT NOTE: Please supply your Return Travel Date before checking out. Your test reference numbers (required for your Passenger Locator Form) will be emailed to you shortly after purchase.
By arrangement with Randox Health, we are pleased to be able to offer their Day 2 and Day 8 tests at a special price of £150 (normal price £175), including free UK delivery. If you are travelling into England, you are legally required to take a test on Day 2 and Day 8 of your hotel quarantine/self-isolation period.
The first test should be taken on or before day 2 of your quarantine period and the second test should be taken on or after day 8 of your quarantine period. The day of arrival in England will be treated as day 0. This first test is designed to help identify any potentially harmful variants of COVID-19 at the earliest opportunity.
Please note: you should book your test package well in advance to allow enough time for delivery of your test kits. Your tests are sent by Royal Mail Tracked 24 so you do not need to be home to sign for the tests. You must ensure your return tests are booked before you fly back to England; the test reference number is required for your passenger locator form. Booking shortly before your return flight may result in your test kits arriving late.
The testing kit comes complete with full instructions and all the instruments necessary for performing and returning the swab yourself. Please ensure you read all the instructions thoroughly and return the completed test as soon as possible. Follow the return packing instructions in your kit and return to a local courier drop (DX or MBE store), or return your sample to one of Randox Health's Dropbox locations.
- DX Depos/MBE sites are currently open to accept sample returns Monday-Friday 9am-5pm. Please note, drop off times vary by site as per the listing on the DX website so click here for your DX drop opening hours. Some MBE sites also require pre-booking to return your sample.
- You can return your sample to a Randox Drop Box (UK mainland) any day of the week. Please check the map below for your closest Randox Drop Box Location and its closing time.
You can also arrange an alternative courier (at your own risk). You should ensure that your courier can deliver biological samples to the Randox Health laboratory next day tracked. Samples must arrive within 70 hours of swabbing to undergo testing.
Use the below address to return your sample to the laboratory if you are arranging an alternative courier:
FAO: Accessioning, Randox Science Park,
30 Randalstown Rd
- Nothing can go in the mouth for at least 2 hours prior to testing, this includes: food, drinks, cigarettes, chewing gum, etc.
- Mouthwash not to be used for 24 hours.
- Nothing can go in the nose for at least 24 hours prior to testing, this includes: nasal medication, saline, hay fever sprays, cotton buds, etc.
All of the above can inhibit the sample and mean they it needs to be retested or may not enable a conclusive result to be delivered.